Thursday 12 January 2017

Hello, I am Akankshika Prakash, a designing student. After spending a winter fortnight at home, I am back to college. Faculties have announced that our third module is on research and our first research topic is National/international Folk and Tribal Art & Crafts and Design Movement.In this, we have to select a national/international folk or tribal art and Craft or design movement. Did research on it, with the help of internet and books from the library.
 
Folk and tribal Art &Crafts(Delhi Haat, India)
Image courtesy- Akankshika Prakash
 I visit the Delhi museum and Delhi Haat with my friends. At Museum, I saw a  lot of old painting historical object, artistic work, and cultural interest object. We had a guide who helped us with all the information and knowledge about the museum. We keenly gathered information from the guide and educational boards. I also visited Delhi Haat, which is an open-air food plaza and craft bazaar located in Delhi, run by Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation. I met many craft men individually and questioned them about their craft work. We collected all the information provide by them. I came to know about Folks and Tribal Art and its existence in India and even in other countries. I surfed the internet and even downloaded some e-books related to the certain interesting topic. I found many interesting facts and information online and from the museum. We explored the different type of Folk and Tribal Art of different states.Some of them were MADHUBANI PAINTING(Bihar), PAPER MACHE (Kashmir), TOLU GUMBER(Andhra Pradesh)...

Finally, I selected Pattachitra Painting, for my research topic, which is a  spectacular folk Art of Orrisa, India.


No comments:

Post a Comment